By Matityahu Glazerson
Read Online or Download Above the Zodiac: Astrology in Jewish Thought PDF
Best judaism books
Existence in l. a. Juderia, the Jewish region of Rhodes, had its foundation within the robust cultural traditions of the Sephardic Jews who settled there after fleeing the Spanish Inquisition. Nazi career of the island past due in global battle II could shatter the group and strength its population into focus camps faraway from domestic.
The Babylonian Talmud used to be compiled within the 3rd via 6th centuries CE, through rabbis dwelling below Sasanian Persian rule within the sector among the Tigris and Euphrates rivers. what sort of society did those rabbis inhabit? What impression did that society have on vital rabbinic texts? during this e-book Richard Kalmin deals an intensive reexamination of rabbinic tradition of overdue old Babylonia.
Lubavitcher Rabbi's MemoirsTracing the Origins of the Chasidic MovementTranslated by way of Nissan MindelThe Lubavitcher Rabbi’s Memoirs are a veritable treasure chest of Chasidic studying and lore, of anecdotes, old annotations and commemorations, and signify some of the best of casual writing from the profile pen of the 6th chief of the Chabad-Lubavitch move, Rabbi Yosef Y.
Those stories supply an summary of rituals of marriage in Early Judaism. the 1st offers with the reception of Levirate legislations in Deut. 25:5-10 and the curtailment of Levirate marriage in want of Halitza. the second one exhibits, at the foundation of the publication of Tobit, how features of marriage rituals could be traced into rabbinic occasions.
- Le Judaïsme Pour les Nuls (French Edition)
- Interpretations of the Name Israel in Ancient Judaism and Some Early Christian Writings: From Victorious Athlete to Heavenly Champion
- The Formation of the Babylonian Talmud
- Friendship in the Hebrew Bible (The Anchor Yale Bible Reference Library)
- The Jews' State: A Critical English Translation
- An Early History of Compassion: Emotion and Imagination in Hellenistic Judaism
Extra resources for Above the Zodiac: Astrology in Jewish Thought